How to implement an integrated service plan that keeps results moving and leads to better and faster treatment of patients
About This Program
In an effort to reduce costs, many clinical laboratories and pathology groups have moved to a central lab system where almost all lab tests are sent. This has led to both patients and doctors incurring lengthy wait times—often until the next day—to learn the results, as well as myriad other inefficiencies.
But— by bringing selected tests into the physician’s office, dramatic changes can occur. Turnaround times are reduced (both for the patient and the provider). The patient’s experience is improved, with required care received faster and more conveniently. The provider’s efficiency is boosted, with more time to devote to treating patients. Clinical outcomes are enhanced. And last but certain not least, total cost of care is optimized.
These are but a few of the advantages of the decentralization of key testing. Even so, there are, of course, barriers to entry and moving away from a centralized testing model. Questions include: How is the initial high capital cost of equipment mitigated? What about staffing concerns, and other requirements necessary for good results?
This 90-minute webinar, including an interactive Q&A
session, will supply you with answers to these questions, and many
more—providing you with a vital understanding of how better integrated
service for patients can be achieved by moving key tests into the
physician’s office, plus best practices (and lessons) from an industry
expert on how to implement a plan that keeps results moving and leads to
better and faster treatment of patients!
Attend this program, and you will learn:
- Which tests make great candidates to move into the physician’s office
- How to mitigate equipment costs through better service and service volume
- Steps to determine proper staffing needs and qualifications
- Best practices for the successful implementation of in-office tests, and much more!
Who should attend?
- Laboratory directors, managers, and supervisors
- Integrated health system leaders
- Hospital group leaders
- Physicians and physician group leaders
Your registration/order includes:
• A site license to attend the webinar. Invite as many members of your team as you would like!
Rick L. Panning, MBA, MLS(ASCP)CM
Senior Administrative Director,